Forum OpenACS Q&A: Fall 2006 OCT Election Procedure and Call for Nominations

<h4>Voters and Nominations</h4>

Current OCT members, CVS committers and anyone who has posted at least twice to the forums in 90 days to 08 November 2006 may vote. The same persons are eligible be candidates for OCT, and may nominate others for this election.

There are 6 seats available. Five will have 1 year terms ending on 1 November 2007. The nominee receiving the least number of votes will serve a 6 month term ending 1 May 2007. Current OCT members (Dave Bauer, Don Baccus, Jeff Davis, Nick Carroll, Victor Manuel Guerra Moran, Frank Bergmann, Malte Sussdorff) are automatically nominated. (Please post here if you refuse the nomination.) For others, two nominations are required to be on the ballot. Nomination takes place by posting on this thread.

<h4>Timetable</h4>

(All times are Midnight UTC on the day mentioned.)

Now Nominations open.
Friday 17 Nov 2006 Nominations close. Preliminary ballot is published.
Sat 18 November 2006 Ballot is frozen at 23:00 UTC (those who have refused nomination are deleted). Voting begins at Midnight UTC.
01 December 2006: Voting ends.

<h4>Procedure</h4>
Voting will take place on the openacs.org site, at a URL to be announced in this thread and in its own thread on the OpenACS Q&A forum.
Please request notification on this thread using the link at the top of the page.

Let the nominations begin!

I nominate Lee Denison.
I second lee dennison
Tracy Adams ...
I second Tracy Adams' nomination.
..and nominate Hamilton Chua
Are all of the current OCT members that are automatically on the Ballot aware of this? Not everyone is reading the forum postings regularily and we might want to send nominees an e-mail about their nomination so they have a chance to drop out if they want to.

Additionally, will we be sending a reminder E-Mail to all voters?

I nominate Ryan Gallimore.
Hi All,

I would like to drop out of the nominations. I am currently writing my thesis, and as much as I'd like to work on openacs I just don't have the extra brain cycles to code and write at this point in time.

Kind regards,

Nick.

I second Ryan and Hamilton.