Forum OpenACS Q&A: tell us about the cool stuff

Collapse
Posted by mervyn colton on
Hi,

There are some folks there that are doing very good, very cool, very useful work for the community, and for the product. Quite a few folks actually!

I'd like to try help raise the profile of what folks are doing, and get more people into sharing the knowledge about some of the cool stuff they have done. To that end, I'd like to offer up the following idea:

The basis of the idea is that there is a place that any community member (or someone else on any registered member's behalf) can post a summary of what they have done,
and a link to it that is cool, as in, moves openacs onwards and upwards.

Once per month, we have a public vote (Voters must be registered community members) to see which idea is the coolest, and the winner gets an Amazon voucher for $60. one vote per person per month. Most votes wins. Most prizes any one person can win in 12 Months is 1. The vouchers will be sent to the winners openacs registered email address.

So, if folks like this idea, the next step would be to look for someone to set up the voting software to handle this idea.

Once we're set up with that, any "cool stuff" can be posted, ideally with a few paragraphs that says what it is, what it does, and why it's cool.

Simple as that!

Merv.

Collapse
I just realised I left out an important bit. Quest will sponsor the Amazon vouchers for a year, longer if it works well.

It's not meant to be a payent for work done, just a bit of a slap on the back and a means of recognising the work done by various members of the community. And everyone wants books - right?

Merv.

Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Excellent idea Merv! Looking forward to some books ;)
Collapse
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
Thanks Merv, this is a great idea!

My vote is that whoever sets up the voting gets the first gift certificate ;)

cheers,
Caroline

Collapse
Good idea Caroline!