Forum .LRN Q&A: Changes between dotLRN 1.0 and 1.0.1

What are the main changes or upgrades between dotLRN 1.0 and 1.0.1? Are the .adp pages exactly the same? Is there any major difference in the way that each of them get access or work with the databases?

W. Dubois

Collapse
Posted by Jarkko Laine on
Windell,

I'm not sure what the exact changes are (probably just bug fixes) but please note that if you're going to use dotLRN in Spanish (I read your other post), you cannot do that with dotLRN 1.0.x. You need to get both OpenACS and dotLRN from cvs head, which might or might not be stable at the moment.

Collapse
Posted by Windell Dubois on
Do you think it would be wise to make an independent translation of 1.0.1 or will the internationalization package be able to translate accordingly?
Collapse
Posted by Jarkko Laine on
I recommend using the i18n version. You don't have to invent the wheel again with it, and if there's any change that you'll need even other languages (e.g. for language classes or exchange students), you'll not be on very solid ground with an independent ad hoc translation.
Collapse
Posted by Windell Dubois on
How do I get the latest i18n version, and how do I use it?  Please be VERY detailed in both explanations...

Windell.

Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Windell,

Using CVS is the way to get the latest i18n version.

There are two CVS documents that might help you here:
https://openacs.org/projects/dotlrn/dotlrn-doc/
(I recently added Andrew's CVS document)