Forum OpenACS Development: including html files

Collapse
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
I'd like to be able to include files and have it find either adp or html files.

Use Case:
I am working on a team with a graphic artist from the client and implementing a complicated design. I'd like the top, left, right and bottom portions of the page to be separate files that can be mixed and matched in various different pages and from various different packages.

Many of these sections will not need any dynamic variables..at least at first, that is subject to change.

The graphic artist uses Dreamweaver and can SFTP files to the server but can't open adp files in Dreamweaver.  He doesn't use emacs.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Collapse
2: Re: including html files (response to 1)
Posted by Barry Books on
There is a file in the Dreamweaver install directory that maps extensions to file types. I usually just add adp to this list that includes asp.
Collapse
3: Re: including html files (response to 2)
Posted by Tilmann Singer on
I thought <include src="bla"> would include the contents of a file bla.html if it was there, tried it and found out that it generates an error. It would be a useful change to the request processor if that worked in my opinion.
Collapse
4: Re: including html files (response to 1)
Posted by Randy O'Meara on
Caroline,

If the set of html files is small and fairly constant you can use symlinks to make the html files appear as adp files. It really becomes a pain if the files change (in number or name).

Randy

Collapse
5: Re: including html files (response to 1)
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Til,

I am glad you tried it.  I was about to suggest that. :) Yes I think RP should get .html