Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Response to Overcoming new-file-storage 2,000,000 byte limit?

The problem persists in dotLRN 2.0b4(OpenACS 5.0b4). I am unable to upload files exceeding 2,000,000 bytes.

I changed the parameter for attachment under OpenACS-wide administration. It did not make a difference.

I also changed the "MaximumFileSize" in File-Storage.info under the File-Storage package. No success. Do I need to re-install after changing the .info? Is there anything else I could do?

Please help.

Possibly you are setting only the default value, not the value actually used by the "instance" of the package?  The former is done in /acs-admin and the latter in admin (Site Map).
Thanks for your response, Joel. I changed the parameter of the file-storage instance under sitemap, unmounted/mounted the instance, even rebooted. Still, no success!

Specifically, I get following error message while uploading a 2.5MB zip file to one of the course public folders.

---------------
We had a problem processing your entry:

* Your file is larger than the maximum file size allowed on this system (2,000,000 bytes)

Please back up using your browser, correct it, and resubmit your entry.
-----------------

Am I missing something obvious?

Problem solved! Joel was right. Solution was indeed under the admin sitemap, but deep under the instance hierarchy. Earlier I had just scratched the surface at the file-storage instance at the top level of the dotlrn. The full traversal of the department/subject/class hierarchy revealed specific file-storage instances for each of the classes with configurable MaximumFileSize parameter.

Thanks again, Joel!