Forum .LRN Q&A: .LRN Meeting Minutes 08/Jul/08

Collapse
Posted by Alvaro Rodriguez on
Present:
Don, Emma, Morals, Dave

We need to assess assessment:

- Morals haven't been able to make the scores (the percent one) work on a clean 2.4.0, if you edit the score of each questions, it's not re-computed
- It would work if you imported an assessment, only if I fill the assessment being an admin
- So we have two problems, if imported you have to be an admin and making it from the UI.
- Emma_r has fixed some bugs introduced when "fixing" the html

- xarg.net doesn't work anymore, any idea on how to monitor commits?
- We could take that and fix it or write our own or use some web serivce that monitors commits

- Re-releasing this weekend, would be pointless
- We won't release 2.4.1 for assessment only?

Collapse
Posted by Olga C. Santos on
I'm sorry I was not able to be at the meeting last Tue.

I think there is another bug in 2.4.0 version of assessment. Both in 2.3.1 and 2.4.0 when you create a new question of type multiple-choice, you have the option to "Save this set of answers to reuse later". In 2.3.1 you had a combo-box saying "Or use choices from an existing question". But this combo-box does not appear in 2.4.0 version (or at least, it does not appear to me).

Olga

Collapse
Posted by Luke Pond on
Coincidentally, I have just finished a project to develop a corporate employee-training system using the assessment package. Today I submitted 4 patches for Assessment. One of them is a comprehensive fix for the broken calculation of percent_score: https://openacs.org/bugtracker/openacs/bug?bug%5fnumber=3145.

It's been a long time since I posted anything here, but working with this code made me feel right at home because I remember working with Dave Bauer in 2002 to design the Survey data model that eventually became Assessment. Thank you to all the people who have worked on it since then, and thanks also to my current employer, Solitex Networks (http://am.net), who encouraged submitting these changes back to OpenACS.

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Luke,

I wish you fix would work :) Sections are mapped to assessment by revision and can be mapped to more than one assessment.

The only way I have found to reliably calculate the score is to get the section revision that is actually used for that assessment, then go and get the points assigned to each question that is mapped to that section revision. Probably you could also fix it to update the total points for each different revision.

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Luke,

Perhaps we can make these two fixes work together to make sure that the score is correct in each revision, I'll have to review your fix to make sure that is happening. If so it would save from recalculating the total every time we need to get the score.