Forum OpenACS Q&A: where are the rpms

Collapse
Posted by sagnik nandy on
Can anyone tell me where I can find all the rpms required to install
openacs and its other required stuff completely? Help!!!!
Collapse
Posted by Edmund Lian on
I've not seen RPMs of OpenACS, but I know Brent Fulgham packaged it for Debian. Not much help to you unless you know how to deal with the .deb format in an RPM distro.

Installing OpenACS from a tarball is not difficult at all. What are you having problems with? If you can be more specific, I might be able to help.

Collapse
Posted by Edmund Lian on
Correction... I've not seen RPMs of the AOLserver version of OpenACS. The Apache RPMs are in the SDM on this site.
Collapse
Edmund I have tried to load it through the tarball but tat the end of it I keep getting errors saying that the two tables "content_sections" and "spam_history" has not got loaded. Do you have any idea where I could have gone wrong  .
Collapse
Posted by Kenny Chan on
Here is the location of the RPMS. Please be adviced that you should still read thru the various installation documentations so that you know what is happening and where to look at when there is any errors. Enjoy!
Collapse
Posted by Edmund Lian on
Sagnik, if you still have problems with the RPMs that Kenny pointed you to (wow, didn't know somebody had packaged them!), you might want to drop your db and reload the datamodels while capturing the output so you can see what happened. i.e., psql -f load-data-model.sql <db_name> 2> logfile.txt. See the OpenACS installation instructions for more details.
Collapse
Thanx Kenny and Edmund - I have downloaded the rpms. Howeverwhen I am running the the pgdriver rpm I seem to be getting some dependency problem coz some file called libpq.so.2.1 is not found . Do you have any idea as to where this could be. Is it because of the fact that I have postgres-6 loaded already in my system and therefore have omitted the postgres installation steps.
Collapse
Posted by Edmund Lian on
To locate the file, type "locate libpq.so.2.1" at a command prompt; "locate" is your friend, and can take wildcards

I'm not sure about PG 6, but in PG7, you need to make a symlink from libpq.so.2.0 to libpq.so.2.1. Don's Postgres installation notes mention this. BTW, I recommend you use PG7 instead of 6.x. There are bigger improvements/differences than the 0.5 version increment implies.