Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: .LRN Active Projects and Release Philosophy

Rafa, can you add dotTeach & eFolio to cvs.openacs.org?

Yes, we can do the maintain of LORS jointly, though is a shame Ernie cannot keep doing development on it.

Collapse
Posted by Ernie Ghiglione on
Rafa, Roc

The fact that I work elsewhere or do other stuff does not limit me to keep maintaining the packages. As a matter of fact, there's a road map for features to be implemented in future versions of LORS. Most of them, I'll be heavily involved as part of the work for Concord/PBS. So I do see myself as the package maintainer.

The reasons that Galileo has taken the project is because are heavily using it for e-lane. And of course, I'm really greatful of them to do so, since now the .LRN philosophy obliges packages to be maintain by institutions.

By no means, I want to be a dictator for this package, that's -of course- ridiculous, but I'll be heavily involved in the future of this package.

Thanks,

Ernie

Collapse
Posted by Alfred Essa on
We should distinguish between institutions/individuals that will take the lead in implementing a particular package or module and those who are interested in maintaining. It's wonderful that Ernie wants to continue to maintain LORS.

We (MIT Sloan) will be taking the lead in implementing WebDAV but hope that others will help with maintaining.