Forum .LRN Q&A: LORS openacs-5-1-compat release

I just branched LORS and related packages (lorsm, lorsm-portlet, dotlrn-lorsm & views) to oacs-5-1, and set the tags as is suggested for an oficial release:
https://openacs.org/doc/openacs-5-1/releasing-package.html

So you can download them using the openacs-5-1-compat tag or its own package tag.

It's important to mention that anyone willing to do new developments for lors* should commit them on HEAD, while any bug-fix should go at least to oacs-5-1 branch.

Collapse
Posted by Andrew Grumet on
Excellent. I'm just getting ready to demo this for some folks at MIT, so the timing's perfect. Installing now on a test server...
Collapse
Stuff I did to get this up and running on a oacs-5-1 checkout:

1. get the code

cd /path/to/openacs/checkout/on/oacs-5-1/packages
cvs update -d lors lorsm-portlet dotlrn-lorsm lorsm views

2. edit the dotlrn install.xml file, which you should have already copied to, /install.xml adding

<install package="dotlrn-lorsm"/>

to the list of actions.

3. edit the default for the dotlrn parameter "default_class_instance_applets", adding ",dotlrn_lorsm" (no quotes) to the end of the existing default. **This must be done in APM, not from the "parameters" link on the site map.

4. bring up the web server and install openacs.

5. check to see if APM copied the lorsm templates (lorsm-default.*) to the main templates directory, /templates. If they aren't there for some reason (they didn't copy for me, still not sure why), copy them in from /packages/lorsm/templates/.

Collapse
I've updated the message catalog for lorsm with missing keys, and fixed a few related bugs. This is committed on oacs-5-1.
Collapse
Posted by Jose Pablo Escobedo Del Cid on
Hi,

I've just downloaded LORS (lorsm, lors-portlet, etc, oacs-5-1, postgresql-7.4 and aolserver4 in debian) and it didn't work, I get a "file not found" error after creating a course and try to accessing it (the "menu frame" is shown, but the other one with the content doesn't). Anyway, I downloaded the e-lane version and it worked fine. If I find the error I will commit it, but I'm working on something else right now and that's the reason of this post.

We are hanving problems with LORS because it doesn't work with frames. If the page (resource) contains frames, then it is not displayed because of the headers that are set by LORS. I don't know if the headers are set during the display proccess or during the creation one. If anyone can help me with this I would be grateful. I will post on this thread when I fix the problem.

Regards,

jopez

Collapse
Posted by Jose Pablo Escobedo Del Cid on
Hi,

The first error happens because of the location of the templates, you have to move the $OACS_HOME/packages/lorsm/templates/lorsm-default.* to $OACS_HOME/templates/

The second one happens because of the template master, just remove it and that's it. Take care of the possible target=_top links in the frames. (I do a regsub and change those links to target=_parent when displaying the page. Download the modified files at http://e-lane.org/public/file?file_id=12164 and read the version notes to follow the path process. I haven't commit it because I'm not convinced with the solution jet)

-jopez