Forum .LRN Q&A: lors errors and questions ...

Collapse
Posted by Robert Taylor on
Hey all, first quick thanks for the lors package.

I'm digging in as much as a newb can here, but i thought to ask some questions regarding the lors package before i get too deep:
I installed lors from the openacs repository - this is on a local debian server which was originally installed http://home.galileo.edu/~solca/dotlrn/ and then installed lors package from the repository.

1. I created some terms, courses, etc, and now when i go to a course 'home page' the lors applet appears as it should BUT each of the categories i get some interesting messages which i'm certain are not supposed to be there as such:

MESSAGE KEY MISSING: 'lorsm.Course_Name_1'

MESSAGE KEY MISSING: 'lorsm.Subject'

MESSAGE KEY MISSING: 'lorsm.Last_Viewed_On'

MESSAGE KEY MISSING: 'lorsm._Viewed'

I can add courses but in the applet instead of the table column lagels the above error messages show up. Any ideas?

2. When i go to add a course, the following error message appears next to the field where you browse to select an scorm package for installation as follows:

MESSAGE KEY MISSING: 'lorsm.lt_Choose_the_course_zip' *

As well even though on the home page i have two instance of a lors/scorm course, none show up when i go to add a new course.

Any ideas here?

3. After I select OK to upload the course, on the next page i get the following message:

Course Name: is required
[i] MESSAGE KEY MISSING: 'lorsm.lt_This_is_the_name_the_'

... and yet the name of the course is prefilled in the text field.

and the scorm package info table displays the following errors:

MESSAGE KEY MISSING: 'lorsm.Sharable_Resources'

MESSAGE KEY MISSING: 'lorsm.files'

Any thoughts here?

4. When I click OK to install the course, there are a bunch of messages, I presume they are normal ... they seem to point out some information missing in the scorm package which is fine, I can imagine what I downloaded might be faulty.

Can someone confirm for me whether or not i'm supposed to see a bunch of messages that are similar to 'Missing some information in this field. OK' that seem to result in a proper installation?

5. In the following page where it shows all the lors courses installed, when i click the 'SEARCH LEARNING OBJECTS' I get page 'File not found.' error.

Anyone else get this?

Okay those are some specifics, I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into this situation?

Are these symptoms of known installation issues that can be fixed with known installation methods?

How do i find out the status of various projects? Is there a bugzilla of some sort out there on various packages?

Okay, just a quick start - thanks for any help.

Collapse
Posted by Victor Guerra on
Hi Robert,
You should try to install the lorsm package fron oacs-5-1. I added a bunch of missing keys and fixed some problems when you try to go to the adim page of a given course.
Im pretty sure that all your problems will be solved if you install this one.

Regards,
Victor Guerra.

Collapse
Posted by Ernie Ghiglione on
Hi Robert,

5. In the following page where it shows all the lors courses
installed, when i click the 'SEARCH LEARNING OBJECTS' I get
page 'File not found.' error.

You'll require the search package and use tsearch2 from the postgres contrib.

If you have a look on the oacs forum, you'll find a posting by Dave Bauer on how to install tsearch and search. Once those are installed, you'll be able to search thru learning objects.

Thanks,

Ernie

Collapse
Posted by carina halem on
Hi robert,
i exactly got the same error as what you got...
every single problems that you have, i experience the same..
so what is your solutions towards it...

i need your help...since now i m a newbie for dotlrn...i really hope for your guidance

Collapse
Posted by Lester Green on
Every I'm a newbie also. I currently has openacs 5-1 with lorsm package installed I get specific errors when adding a class.

1. MESSAGE KEY MISSING: 'lorsm.lt_Upload_IMS_Content_Pa' (which shows at the top of the upload page)

2. MESSAGE KEY MISSING: 'lorsm.lt_Choose_the_course_zip' (which shows on the same page next to the "choose file" button)

I'm thinking that I would have to modify the parameters of the lorsm package but I'm not even sure of how to get to that page.

Any help provided would be greatly appreciated.

Collapse
Posted by Rainer Hahnekamp on
Hi,

missing message keys can be fixed by yourself even if you are not very familiar with openacs. The error means that there is some text on the page that has not yet been translated to your locale. So this is not a "critical application error" more a warning.
Just go to /acs-admin/apm/ where you have a list of installed packages. Click on "Lors Management" and then on Internationalization. Under "Localize messages in this package" you can now translate your missing message keys.