Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to ACS classic Tcl module repository up

Collapse
Posted by Peter Vessenes on
Hi Roberto,

We don't consider it a marketing stunt, we've just been doing what's seemed to be best for our customers this year. When we started modifying ACS 4.2 Tcl, the OpenACS people were just starting to think about the architecture. Check some posts I made here over a year ago to see what I mean -- here or here, although the second one seems to have lost some of the posts.

We're totally for OpenACS, and as we have time, we're working to roll our stuff back into the OpenACS. It's not just a clone of the OpenACS functionality, though -- that would be totally useless. We've been working on other areas, usually application and usability areas of the ACS. Because of that it's made some internal sense so far for us to go with what we've had.

As I said, we're totally for the OpenACS! As we have resources, we're working on the integration. If you're not too busy, and if you think what we've done might be helpful to the OpenACS, maybe you'd like to help. All our code is available for download on the developer.ybos.net site.

In any event, in the interim, we want to release what we have. If you like it, great! If not, no problem. But, we hope you like it! We do.