Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Portlets, Includelets and bright ideas!

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
the includes should have package requires for their base application in every case, if you find one that doesn't, fix it please! (after posting so I can be properly embarrassed in public!)

the db_flush call should be fixed in 5.5.1 final (it's supposed to be db_flush_cache) ... hmmm maybe it didn't make it in before release.

No. It's on HEAD for 5.6.0, not 5.5.1.

You may want to edit that locally ...

I have noticed that if you pre-install some includelets before installing layout-managed-subsites you end up with a failure of the postinstall script as it tries to install them again.

Oh, wait ... I think this is due because the now-obsolete layout-subsite-integration package created the same three includelets (that map the standard acs-subsite application box + subsite box include scripts, and a third layout manager admin includelet) that layout-managed-subsite does.

As I explained in another post, layout-subsite-integration is obsolete now that we support package extension and should not be used.

Collapse
Posted by Richard Hamilton on
Don,

Thanks yes, I realised that the error was because I had installed the wrong package, but sorry, only after posting! :-|

R.