Forum OpenACS Q&A: Another MP3 module!

Collapse
4: Another MP3 module! (response to 1)
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
Hi David, about the MP3 Jukebox I know nothing but maybe I can help you in other way if you are interested.

We made a MP3 list module in order to stream the files to the clients on demand, intregated to openacs 3.2.x, so you can have multiple list (in theory because I havent tried it to much, I just wanted a single list). Check the module in action!

The features are:
  • Multiple list
  • It register who are listening what
  • You can graphic the results of the actual list like in the Polls module
  • It reencodes the MP3 song, so if you upload a song encoded at 128kbps it can perform as many reencodings as you want. For instance, you would like to have a version for modem users (24kpbs), ADSL users (56kbps) and good connection users (128kbps), etc.
  • For reencoding we use LAME
  • For streaming ICECAST
  • You can order the songs position in the same way you order the questions in the Polls module
  • Its integrated with the bboard, so you can discuss about a song (the users really like it)
  • It also has a very specific requirement of our client for track songs position list
  • It could be also easily modified to download the MP3s
  • For some reason the most of the time it do not work on linux (in windows it start automaticly winamp for example, but in linux it start to download the file)

If you are really interested or SOMEONE else at the community I can prepare a release, because I should probably need to document it well and clean it up a little bit the code.