Forum .LRN Q&A: RFC: Course Life Cycle Management in .LRN

Any large institution using .LRN will at some point externalize authentication and user account management in .LRN.

I think same applies to course management and even enrollment of students in courses as .LRN is yet far away from being an eCampus solution. I therefore believe that we need to provide an interface in .LRN that can or can be accessed to externalize the course life cycle management.

I wonder if any of you has experience on this matter.

Looking at the packages available like IMS Enterprise and .LRN Catalog and category I believe we are not far from this step.

I therefore would like learn more about what you think on this matter and how such an interface could look like. Maybe we can learn from Moodle or Blackboard and see how and if they do it and wether there is a specification or standard defined for this purpose.

Greetings,
Nima

Collapse
Posted by Haynes Horne on
Nima, the dotTeach-> Curriculum Central project may contain some of the course management elements you are looking for. The Gui's not finished, as I understand, but the project may be ready for competent testers. I had entirely missed dotLRN Catalog. Thanks for that pointer.

Haynes