Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Re: ns_pam

Collapse
3: Re: Re: ns_pam (response to 2)
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Mat, why isn't the module here?

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/aolserver/

I agree that 3 hours is not long time to wait for response to email, but it is slightly short of eternity if you are looking for free software that is typically distributed through the web.

Collapse
4: Re: ns_pam (response to 3)
Posted by Mat Kovach on
I have no idea why it is not there. I don't maintain that CVS server so I can't answer the question.

Somebody paid me to create the module. I stuck it up on a website for a while. One the website went down a sent a few emails out to see if anybody wanted to include the software in their cvs repositories. The people that asked me to write the software have basically left the OpenACS/AOLserver community.

Nobody apparently wanted to, the site went down about 13 months ago. Since then two people have requested the software. One person was nice, then this guy.

If somebody wants to include it on a website that is fine, but I have little interest in the software. It was only written because I was paid to do so. At this point I would call it dead software.

Collapse
5: Re: Re: ns_pam (response to 4)
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
uh... wait a second.

It is in use in heavy production use in Heidelberg right now (to Authenticate against RADIUS) and depending on who the person was that paid for this they likely subcontracted it out to you using funds under my control at the time (I initiated and coordinated the External AuthN work while I was in Heidelberg, which was a collaborative project: Greenpeace/Heidelberg/Mannheim/MIT Sloan/Bergen iirc).

If OpenACS wasn't such a small semi-perfect world I would comment on how small and semi-perfect the OpenACS world is.

😊

Good work Mat (for writting such good code that no one bothers you about after more than a year of production level use)!!

P.S. Can someone help find a home for this (e.g. someone with a good contact in the AOLServer world). If we can not get it into the AOLServer CVS, we should host it here (in the meantime put it in the file storage here Mat and I can change the reference to your site).