Forum OpenACS Development: Whenever I attempt to view a general comment on an xowiki formpage I get:

[20/Jan/2013:20:50:01][25404.180235][-default:1-] Warning: /comments/view-comment has no doc(title) set.
[20/Jan/2013:20:50:01][25404.180235][-default:1-] Error: GET http://erim.webteamworks.com:8441/comments/view-comment?comment%5fid=2123&return%5furl=%2ferim%2fbgi
referred by "https://erim.webteamworks.com:8441/erim/bgi";
Illegal mime types for conversion - from: image/jpeg to: text/html
while executing
"error "Illegal mime types for conversion - from: $from to: $to""
(procedure "ad_html_text_convert" line 16)
invoked from within
"ad_html_text_convert -from $mime_type -- $content"
("uplevel" body line 148)
invoked from within
"uplevel {
# /packages/general-comments/www/view-comment.tcl

Does anyone have any idea why?

Creating a comment works ok, creating a comment with a link works ok, creating a comment with an image throws this error on upload (but the image gets posted anyway). If you then add a second upload which is a textfile, the error no longer occurs - you can view the contents of the textfile and also view the uploaded image. Delete the textfile and the error recurs.

This is on a core checkout of oacs-5-7, but with general-comments tagged oacs-5-6 because I could not checkout oacs-5-7 tagged versions at the time when I initially set up the system (as best I could determine at the time these packages were not tagged - though this could have been my mistake).

I have tried doing:

cvs -d:pserver:mailto:anonymous@cvs.openacs.org:/cvsroot checkout -r oacs-5-7 acs-datetime

with my pwd being the root of the oacs service (./myservice = ./openacs-4), and it seemed to update, but there is no change to the error.

Is this the correct way to update an openacs package from oacs-5-6 tag to oacs-5-7 tag?

I have also tried a fresh checkout and I still cannot seem to checkout oacs-5-7 versions of acs-events, acs-datetime, rss-support, and general-comments.

I am now at a loss because I don't know if this is a problem caused by me having mis-matched versions, or simply a bug that has not previously come to light?

Regards
Richard

I couldn't checkout an oacs-5-7 tagged version of general-comments, but I checked out the current HEAD version instead, and this seems to have resolved this problem.

So an oacs-5-7 tagged oacs-core will not work with the oacs-5-6 general-comments but will work with the HEAD version of general-comments as of 20/01/13.

R.