Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Just noticed something strange happening with acs-templating if tags....

Are you sure that code is being recognized/executed by acs-templating?
Hmm, a very sound suggestion. It certainly looks that way, but everything seems to work normally, it is only in evidence when you study the DOM.

R.

What exactly you mean by studying the DOM? Do you see the "IF", when you load in page into the browser and look into the source?

-g

Yes.  From source:

<div id='wikicmds'>
  <if /xowiki/ not nil>
    <a href="/xowiki/" accesskey='i' title='Go to the start of this package ...'>Index</a>
  </if>
etc.
</div>

When viewed as I initially saw it, using the Firebug html viewer in Firefox, it has clearly been further mangled.  I suspect this is because Firebug is trying to make some sense of it:

<div id="wikicmds">
  <if nil="" not="" xowiki="">
    <a title="Go to the start of this package ..." accesskey='i' href="/xowiki/">Index</a>
  </if>
etc.
</div>

In both cases, the <if> tags are clearly present in the source received by the browser.

Regards
Richard

just double checked the HTML source of a xowiki default configuration with two actual installations, I see no IF-Tags in the generated HTML source. So it looks as something local to your configuration...

-gustaf neumann