Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Want to make a new callback registry, details below...

Collapse
Posted by Jim Lynch on
hey there *...

Ben, I have the table you;re talking about when you say my_app_certificates. I was thinking that ecommerce could make one (by whatever mechanism) when an ec_item of the appropriate kind becomes shippable, and I thought what you're calling my_app_certificates.object_id could point at the ec_item.

The reason I wanted to do it as a callback, is so that my app-specific code would not go into ecommerce, what would go there is a callback setup so that anyone who wants to could run custom code that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with user interface and that is triggered by the purchase of a specific item. Such custom code would register itself with a proc I write, one of its parameters being the ec_item type. Then, when an item of that type is sold, the callback would fire.

-Jim

Collapse
Posted by Jim Lynch on
One more thing about the schema... the mapping table is present, and I implemented the mapping a little differently, such that all one has to do is create the cert, and as long as the current time is within the cert timeframe, access is granted.

-Jim