Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Possible bug in ACS Mail Lite

Collapse
Posted by Antonio Pisano on
Went deeper into the issue: 'name' parameter of content-type header is taken from 'title' column of cr_revisions. My application created attachments into content-repository with empty 'title' column, and so I had an empty name in content-type.

I have changed the code on my end so title is set and this should fix the problem without committing anything. Anyway, putting a one-liner to avoid empty names into content-type shouldn't hurt.

All this said, I really don't know what Libero provider is so worried about...

Collapse
Posted by Antonio Pisano on
Had some thinking...

the only reason I am passing through file-storage to send attachments is that ACS Mail Lite currently needs a file to reside into the file-storage to send it as an attachment (as far as I know).

At the time I just wanted the feature up and running, so I didn't care, but you can tell yourself this approach is far from being optimal: I have to save my attachment into the file-storage, send the email, then delete it... and all of this needs to happen in a transaction in order to be safe.

It won't take forever to extend Mail Lite so it can also send attachments taken from a regular file on the server, and this would be very convenient for me.

I will propose you my change to see what you think