Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: ajaxhelper and its tests

Collapse
Posted by Neophytos Demetriou on
FWIW, aforementioned templating system checks and combines scripts in terms of their purpose/usage i.e. whether a page is for registered users or the public. It also separates the scripts between those that can be deferred and those that are not [see slide 15 in the aforementioned EuroTCL presentation]. This is accomplished by tagging a JS code snippet with the relevant word, e.g. "public", "private", "defer", "nodefer" [templating system generates the files automatically]. Similarly, one could generate scripts for different browsers, language codes, and so forth.
Collapse
Posted by Antonio Pisano on
Neophytos Demetriou, I think I recall now I already gave a look at your slides some time ago. Your templating system seems very interesting!

Consider preparing/referring to a tutorial or other further documentation, as it could really encourage its usage and our feedback!

Collapse
Posted by Neophytos Demetriou on
Hi Antonio, I would very much like to do that (re: tutorial) though later in the summer as I'm somewhat swamped with a number of different things these days. That said, I would be glad to contribute in the development of the existing templating system or even integrating the two systems if the community finds that to be constructive. Overall, I'm all for contributing more in open-source projects, and OpenACS in particular, including bringing the work I've been doing over the years to converge with the existing codebase. Not sure what the best way is just yet. Just letting everyone know that I'm willing and, hopefully, perceived to be able to get the job done.