Forum .LRN Q&A: Abductive logic

Collapse
45: Abductive logic (response to 1)
Posted by Staffan Hansson on
Neophytos,

I'm personally very excited about the subject you brought up, even though it's off topic in this thread. My homepage was more or less created for discussions on the subject of abductive logic, it seems. You're welcome to continue your line of thought there.

Just so that the not so initiated know what we're talking about, here's a short introduction to abductive logic that I myself found useful.

For, even though I've written quite extensively about the subject of postmodernist logic, I have to admit I had never heard the term "abductive knowledge". This is probably because my path to postmodernism has gone through premodern and not modern sources. I didn't know the hype words, so I refer to "historic logic" when you would rather say "abductive logic" - if I'm not very much mistaken.

To answer your remarks about the logic fallacy glossary, I vaguely refer to the "hen-and-egg" problem, and that's all in connection with abductive logic. This is because, I argue, the historical logic method is not as closely related to scientific logic method as one might think. Maybe I should add something about that to the glossary, though. But not now.