Forum .LRN Q&A: Response to Request for Comment: dotLRN Technology Governance

Carl, thank you very much for your message -- I really appreciate it. In fact I agree with everything that you have posted. You may or may not know that I'm participating in the OpenACS project as a volunteer -- my paying job has nothing to do with OpenACS.

Yes, I'm upset about the things that have been going on both in public and backstage. In a private chat, someone claimed that I was a community resource and if I decided to dedicate my time elsewhere then I would be forking community resources. How can one claim that my posts have been absurd when such statements were made? How can one tell me what to do with my time?

As you have noticed my requests (not demands) were that the proposals be revised in a way that the OpenACS project choose its representatives (not *asked* to join) in the TAB and that OpenACS is neutral. Are these requests absurd?

Maybe my post about leaving the project was not clear enough. What I really wanted to say is that I was leaving the management team in the sense that I have been the release manager -- now, I'm only a community member and I would gladly share my work with anyone in this community for free (as in freedom). But, as long as I don't agree with the things that are going on in the project, people will have to download my work from the file-storage area and if someone wants to commit it in the CVS tree, he has the freedom to do so.

I don't know if I have addressed all your points, so please let me know if I missed any and I would gladly post again. Please know that I'm writing this message with all the good faith and not scepticism.