Forum .LRN Q&A: Response to Request for Comment: dotLRN Technology Governance

In a private chat, someone claimed that I was a community resource and if I decided to dedicate my time elsewhere then I would be forking community resources.
I said that, and it's a true statement. "diluting" is a better word. I said this in response to your saying that you were going to fork off your own version of dotLRN and encourage others to join you and leave the main effort.

I made the obvious point that I would do my utmost to discourage a move like this, because it would dilute our resources and our resources are already inadeguate.

And you're one of those resources. If the meaning of this isn't clear, maybe someone else can help with a definition in terms you'll understand.

If you misinterpreted my words to mean that I think the community has a *right* to your time, I did not mean that at all.

Of course if you chose to spend your time off on your own on a forked-off dotLRN, that's your right, just as it's my right to try to convince everyone else to continue to play with the home team.