Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Where are promised 5.3 Packages?

Collapse
Posted by Brian Fenton on
Hi Renny,

I'm not aware of what's happening with 5.3 but I can see that your error is caused because you are connecting to an Apache server when you probably want to be connecting to AOLserver:
"Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.infobasics.org Port 8"

What IP address and port is AOLserver running on?

Brian

Collapse
Posted by Renny Curvers on
Hello Brian,

The IP address is 200.46.204.219 Port 80.

We did a clean install of OACS 5.3 on IP: 200.46.204.219 on port 80, but still get the same error message: Proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request GET/packages-install.

Reason: Document contains no data.

Cheers,
Renny

Collapse
Posted by Brian Fenton on
Hi Renny,

If I go to http://200.46.204.219/packages-install? in my browser it tells me that you're running Apache/1.3.37 Server. It should say AOLserver.

What do you get if you run this on the Linux command line?
netstat -natp | grep ':80.*LISTEN'

Brian

Collapse
5: Mystery error .... (response to 4)
Posted by Ben Koot on
The problem still exist. Both Renny's and my site are a hub hosted Premium Plan. It is on a virtual machine using aolserver (with apache reverse proxy). It has always worked like a charm, but 5.3 doesn't seem to accept this. I really hope one your geniouses can help us out.

I have been googleing for this problem and strangely a lot of people seem to have this problem since 1998 on many different systems, but nobody ever seems to be able to come up with a solution.

Thanks
Ben

Collapse
6: Re: Mystery error .... (response to 5)
Posted by Matthew Dodwell on
Just checking the usual basics - have you got the aolserver script to pre-bind to port 80 (-b flag). I need to do this for hub.org's servers, else I get their default apache page.

Cheers
Matthew

Collapse
8: Re: Mystery error .... (response to 5)
Posted by Marc Fournier on
Yes, we setup all our startup scripts to pre-bind ... I've even done it for ports about 1024, so that its 'habit' vs something to remember ...

'k, let's see if I can add some to this thread though ...

If I go to the web site, I get the 'Welcome' page, and a button for 'Next>' ... if you click on Next, it comes back with a 'Document contains no data' error with the URL for /package-install?

... looking in the OpenACS logs, there is:

[11/Feb/2007:20:02:46][99046.135123968][-conn:11-] Error: Unable to source /usr/local/www/villagetalk.net/openacs-5.3.0/packages/acs-bootstrap-installer/installer/packages-install.tcl: file does not exist.
[11/Feb/2007:20:04:47][99046.135123968][-conn:11-] Notice: exiting: timeout waiting for connection

checking the file system, there is no package-install.tcl file in that directory, only an 'install.tcl':

villagetalk# ls /usr/local/www/villagetalk.net/openacs-5.3.0/packages/acs-bootstrap-installer/installer
index.tcl install.tcl
villagetalk#

so, is it referencing the wrong file, or is the file mis-named? is it safe to rename install.tcl -> package-install.tcl?