Forum .LRN Q&A: Creating contennt for LORS

Collapse
Posted by Matthew Coupe on
Hi,

I'm trying to use Dreamweaver to create content for the LORS module in SCORM format. I am having some trouble getting the SCOs to work correctly. I can get all of the pages to list down the left hand side however links between pages do not seem to work.

Are there any free software packages I could use to develop this content which are more intuitive than the Dreamweaver plug-ins? What do other people use to create their SCORM content?

Cheers,
Matthew

Collapse
Posted by Ernie Ghiglione on
Matthew,

Maybe you can try with the Reload Editor. LORSM has documentation on how to create a package.

Hope that helps

Ernie

Collapse
Posted by Orzenil Silva Junior on
I heard about eXe project that is developing "a freely available Open Source authoring application to assist teachers and academics in the publishing of web content without the need to become proficient in HTML or XML markup. eXe can export content as self-contained web pages or as SCORM 1.2 or IMS Content Packages."

I installed their eLearning Xhtml Editor for Gnu/Linux and it is very interesting. The editor is python based and very integrated with mozilla firefox so you can edit your learning resources organizations offline inside the browser. It is very cool!

eXe produces Scorm 1.2 export suitable to import with LORS.

See http://www.exelearning.org/