Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Call for AOLserver Core Team Nominees

Collapse
Posted by Dan Wickstrom on
An excerpt from the tip for forming the tcl core team and a supposed model for forming the aolserver core team:

"The Tcl Core Team is a small group of people who are making major contributions to the development of the Tcl core and who are highly respected and trusted by the Tcl community. Team members are expected to invest significant amounts of their time to improve the Tcl core."

Simon, I think it's well recognized that you make a significant contribution in the openacs community, and possibly I'm wrong on this point, but members of the aolserver community probably wouldn't say the same thing.about you with regards to aolserver community. I think it's great that you're willing to volunteer, but the aolserver community would be better served by a core team member who has done significant aolserver development, and more importantly, has the time to invest in improving aolserver. You've stated that you're very busy, so it's not likely that you will have much time to invest in aolserver. For the benefit of openacs, I don't think it's as important that the aolserver core team has an openacs member as it is to have a core team that fit the criteria as spelled out in the excerpt that I've included above.