Forum OpenACS Development: AOLserver and acs-lang

Collapse
Posted by Jon Griffin on
I am going to add the i18 patches to AOLserver 3.5.1, but want to see if anyone else has started.

I don't see any reason to wait until 4.0 is released as there hasn't been any CVS commits in 3 weeks on the AOLserver site.

I will start on this Monday if I haven't heard from anyone else.

Collapse
2: Re: AOLserver and acs-lang (response to 1)
Posted by Jamie Rasmussen on
Terrific!  I'm glad you are taking the lead on this.  I'm interested in helping if I can.  I've pulled several of the non-i18n patches out of AD13 but I haven't had time to test them properly or move on to the i18n code.  I agree that it would be a shame to wait for 4.0 - it would be great if this could get into the codebase in time for 3.6.
Collapse
3: Re: AOLserver and acs-lang (response to 1)
Posted by Jon Griffin on
I would be happy to test them if you want to email me what you have. I have 10 sites I can pound on and one is truly international and I should be able to give the patches a good workout.

Being the lazy programmer I am I was hoping someone at least started the process ;)

Collapse
4: Re: AOLserver and acs-lang (response to 3)
Posted by Brian Fenton on
I'm currently using the Henry Minsky patched Arsdigita 3.1 version (aol31ml). If you're familiar with that version, would this new version you're proposing require me to make many changes to my web site's source code?
Collapse
5: Re: AOLserver and acs-lang (response to 4)
Posted by Jamie Rasmussen on
I'm not familiar with Henry's distribution.  I believe his changes with regards to form data charsets were integrated into 3.3.1+AD13 but I don't know what other changes he may have made.  Does your distribution have a ChangeLog or other notes that might tell us?

You could try upgrading to 3.3.1+AD13+OACS1 on a test machine first - if that fails, a newer version probably would as well.  http://uptime.openacs.org/aolserver-openacs/  If it works, at the very least you'll be in good company!