Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: CVS Commit forum notifications and separate forums for separate tags

Hmm, I didn't realize one had to explicitely call notifications so they got sent (at the time, notifications and forums were _brand new_) when I wrote the cvs-to-forums log script. I will fix that.

I'll think about a way to log to different tags, but how about this: We the tag to the subject or to an extra header so you can quickly filter it with procmail or another mail processing tool?

If people are not happy the "thread per day" model, then please suggest another model and we can see about making it happen.

-Roberto

We the tag to the subject or to an extra header so you can quickly filter it with procmail or another mail processing tool?

Will this be difficult when the patches apply to more than one tag? Or will that never happen? Sorry if I am exposing my CVS ignorance.

I think a thread per module makes sense.  You can get chronoligical listings at https://openacs.org/forums/user-history?user%5fid=46412&view=forum
That way people could subscribe to notifies on just the modules they care about (as well as all of them, of course). Of course, since I am not going to do the work I will now quit nitpicking your cool logging tool :)