Forum OpenACS Q&A: acs-workflow out of core

Collapse
Posted by Lars Pind on
Is there any reason that the current acs-workflow package is part of core, installed by default? It's a pretty large package, and I don't see any reason to include it anymore.

Would any packages break if we remove this from core? Does anybody know of a package that depends on workflow but doesn't have it in its "requires" block?

Otherwise, I'll just go ahead and make this change on HEAD.

/Lars

Collapse
Posted by Dan Wickstrom on
It looks like workflow is only used by cms, ticket-tracker,  glossary, wf-ticket-tracker., and cms-news-demo  None of these packages are part of the core, and they list workflow as required, so it should be safe to go ahead and make the change so that workflow is not loaded as part of the core.
Collapse
Posted by Lars Pind on
I've updated the acs-workflow.info file.

I also wanted to take acs-workflow out of the "acs-core" cvs module, but I don't know if I'm supposed to just edit that file, or whether I should use cvs to modify it somehow.

Jeff?

/Lars

Collapse
Posted by Jeff Davis on
The right way to do it is to check out CVSROOT (the directory), edit the file, and then do a cvs commit of the changed modules file. CVS knows to then check out it's control files (+ whatever files are specified in the checkoutlist file, also in the CVSROOT directory).

On openacs, the avail file needs to have you permissioned for it (I think you aren't currently). I can do it if you like. Also, did you add requires for the things that do use workflow?

Collapse
Posted by Lars Pind on
Jeff,

Thanks, done now.

/Lars