Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: .LRN 2.3, Zen theme, and the consequences for existing themes

The previous post didn't mention OpenACS itself.

The upcoming release of OpenACS core will have new master templates and standard CSS that attempts, at least (i.e. may have bugs :), to define the CSS classes defined by .LRN's theme-zen.

As part of this, the way page properties are passed up to the master templates have been changed, in my opinion changed to a much cleaner and more rational scheme than we've had previously.

To ease the transition for pure OpenACS users, compatibility masters have been provided that massage the old properties and pass them properly to the new masters. These will be used by standard installs at least until OpenACS 5.4 (which presumably will be released this summer or early fall).

Thanks to Lee Denison for doing this work. All complaints can be forwarded to him :)

Naw, really, I think it's good stuff.

The point here is mostly that the ease of theming we're introducing into .LRN is being migrated over to OpenACS. However existing customizations will conflict so, site maintainers be wary. You may have some CSS work to do to make your upgrade work properly.