Forum .LRN Q&A: Viewing problem - own page (student)

Platform: RH8, PostgresQL 7.2.3, .LRN 1.0 (Final) Tarball, AOLServer 3.30acs1

Student cannot view what others see about me page (own). The following error message thrown in browser:

Security Violation
You don't have permission to admin dotLRN

Collapse
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
What is the url of the page you are trying to view and where did you click to get to it?

My guess is somehow you are trying to look at the admin user page not shared/community-member

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
This may be set wrong by the installer ... I copied the URL from the old install doc but that may be incorrect.

I'll look into this.  It's stuff like this that made it clear that we'd do a 1.0.1 in two-three weeks ...

Effendy - thanks for the systematic testing effort.  Hopefully you'll participate in our 1.0.1 and future testing efforts so we can catch more of these *before* release?  We did a lot of testing but obviously have missed some stuff.  I'm not criticizing you for not helping earlier, you're brand new to the community, but rather am inviting you to help us out in the future with your obvious willingness to thoroughly test the software!  I did incorporate fixes for three of the problems you posted about the second beta tarball before making the final release, thanks a lot for your help and thanks in advance for future help!

Collapse
Posted by Effendy Zainuddin on
Ur Welcome and How do I go about to participate with the 1.0.1 testing? and also think a more earlier testing like ur suggestion would benefits the development more.