OpenACS/dotLRN windows installer how toOpenACS/dotLRN windows installer how to
- Inno Setup 5 or higher
The installer source consists in a main Inno Setup script “installer.iss” and could be found in cvs or obtained with the installer.
There are some necessary file numbers in order to build the installer.
- tcl\bintallerw.tcl: the AOLserver configuration script
- Install.xml: this XML file control the packages installed by the OpenAcs installer
- tcl\Windows-procs.tcl: This file includes various hacks to make OpenACS work on Windows.Replaces the TCL exec command on Windows, allowing exec to be called with unix-y arguments.Index.tcl : file used for automatic installation.
- Index-org.tcl: file used for manual installation.
- Installer.tcl: file used in automatic installation.
- Installer-org.tcl: file used in manual installation.
- Stara.bat, stop.bat: batch files for starting and stopping all services.
- Tools/setx.exe, tools/reg.exe ,/tools/uzip.exe, /tools/reg.exe Windows command line tools necessary for the installation process.
- AOLserver_4-0-beta-10_2003-08-04.zip: AOLServer
- cygwin.zip: CygWin Unix environment for Windows. Cygwin.zip also contains the PostgreSQL database
- cygwin.bat: file to launch cygwin unix environment consol.
- license_en.txt: license text file.
- important.txt: extra info text file.
- Note.txt : especial notes text file.
Building the installer:
- In order to build this installer we need to place all the resources in a folder.
- Create tools and tcl folders with the files before mentioned.
- Download OpenACS, dotLRN and all desired package and place in a folder and named “oacs-dotlrn”
- Open the file installer.iss and generate the installer.
The installer.iss has to important parts:
In this section are listed all the sources for the installer, in this part you
Can change or add any source that you want.
In this section is where all commands are executed, like the cygwin installation, postgreSQL installation and AOLserver.
Section for define procedures or functions to work around the installation.
These are the main sections in the “installer.iss” script. And the sections that have to be changed form personalize the installer.
developed at the Galileo University (www.galileo.edu) by Byron Haroldo Linares Roman email@example.com as part of the E-LANE project (www.e-lane.org)
Instructions on using the installer are at: