OpenACS 5.8.1 final released
The new release differs from OpenACS 5.8.1 in the following points:
- Compatibility of OpenACS core and 78 application packages
with PostgreSQL 9.1+:
The new version installs without any need for special parameter settings in all recent PostgreSQL versions.
- Major cleanup: removal of calls to deprecated code, using recent Tcl byte compiled instructions rather than legacy constructs, following more closer to Postgres recommendations.
- Functional improvements in core and application packages
- Various performance and scalability improvements
- Various bug fixes
- The packages can be installed online from the OpenACS repository. The list of network-installable packages contains also DotLRN (for the full list of packages, see the full announcement).
- Altogether, OpenACS 5.8.1 differs from OpenACS 5.7.1 in about 100,000 modifications (6145 commits) contributed by 5 committers.
Contributed by Gustaf Neumann