The .LRN Consortium is moving forward on governance after the release of .LRN 2.2.
The draft governance document is here: http://openacs.org/xowiki/en/.LRN_Governance
* Week of Sept 11 - Public comment on the governance document
* Week of Sept 18 - Current .LRN Board ratifies the document and appoints the initial Leadership Team
* Sept 25 to Oct 15 - Membership drive
* Week of Oct 16 - Nominations open for the new board
* Week of Oct 23 - Voting for new board
* October 30 - Announcement of election results
The focus is to have something semi-democratic running quickly, to be more resilient to the limited time board members typically have (e.g. by having a leadership team in place that is actually empowered to make decisions), and to make contribution/governance pathways clear.
Remember, we can revisit this after we have a ratified/public governance process in place and a membership roster that is more than a list on a webpage.
Contributed by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini