Forum OpenACS Development: category item sorting

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I have an application which added "position" as a field to category_object_map, allowing the definition in which order items in a category are to be displayed. As this is based on XoWIKI, I removed that code and moved it into page_order, just to hit another stumbling block with the ltree...

Now though my question is:

Do people find this useful, read: Should I commit this? It would allow you to position attributes within a category though I am not sure how useful this would be.

Collapse
2: Re: category item sorting (response to 1)
Gosh, overwhelming response 😊.

From the same source I found code that wants to map one category_id to multiple parents. Would this be a useful feature?

Collapse
3: Re: category item sorting (response to 2)
Note, if you want to categorize an object in multiple places, I would just have used multiple tree leafs, instead of having one leaf at multiple branches (what a funny tree 😊).
Collapse
4: Re: category item sorting (response to 1)
Posted by Ben Koot on
This could solve my problem. If I map multiple categories to blogger or FAQ the display is broken and categories are messed up. If your find could solve this, I would say, yes please make this default to the toolkit.
Here´s a sample of the behaviour http://www.villagetalk.net/faq/one-faq?faq_id=4136

Cheers
Ben