Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: help with choosing a name for a new package

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Hi! I am also looking into similar features. I have tentatively called my package learning-portlet since it will mainly provide a user and admin portlet to see aggregate learning materials.

My project does not include the more ambitious feature of arra nging the learning materials into a course. I think that is a cool idea, and I definitely think of Moodle when I imagine a package like that.

The goals of my package are to show a user the current status of learning materials they are assigned from assessment, lorsm, and eventually imsld. This would show content that the need to complete, is incomlete, or complete, with a way to see their scores from all these various sources.

The admin side would be a way to see the scores for one user, or results across users for a certain learning material.

It sounds like your goal is to actually build a course page, showing the different parts of a course. In moodle some of those things could be uploaded files, forums, in addition to SCORM content, assessments (quiz etc.).

My package is more interested in giving the user a view of their progress and results of the different parts of a course.

I need to have someting working in a few days and I will be able to share that code once its working.

Undernearth I think we need callbacks to collect the data from the individual packages. Do you have any ideas on how your package will be designed?

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
you should look into the homework module of http://www.km.co.at/km/mannheim.