Forum OpenACS Q&A: Developing a Software Test Management Module

I am a newcomer to the OpenACS platform and I was wondering if I develop a test management module for ]project-open[, will it be usable by anybody who uses the OpenACS software?

Thanks

Collapse
Posted by Brian Fenton on
Hi Stephen,

Welcome to the community, nice to see you hear. I guess the answer is: "it depends". You should probably talk to Frank Bergmann and the Project Open guys. By the way, what do you mean by a "test management module"?

Brian

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Interesting question.
Maybe it's an idea to create a top 25 outstanding OACS programming / developers challenges and promote this from the oacs homepage. That could give a new developer a quick start to pick up outstanding issues. Right now these are often hidden in the inner sanctum of OACS. As many packages do not have a maintainer, this mechanism could be turned into an alternative to that issue. The bugtracker alone does not solve this.

Sollicitations like Stephens's could be made an optional feature.

Just a thought
Ben

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Hi Stephen,

the test management module will work if you are not using any functions of the ]po[ system and write a wrapper module (e.g. intranet-wiki) to wrap the functionality of ]po[ around your module.

Personally I would advise you that we already have more than one test management module in OpenACS, so writing the wrapper should probably suffice to get it working within Project Open.