Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Use of inline functions in package creation scripts

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
If it is any consolation I've been removing the needless function wrapper when I've run across one in the course of doing other work.  I've not considered it worth the time to tackle it seriously.  The automated port technique enabled Dan to port an awful lot of code in a hurry - he did the kernel, content repository and CMS, that's a lot of datamodel to hack.
I agree that the code itself is the first point of reference.  So all we need is for all of the kernel code to precisely match the current conventions.  hahaha.  Okay, while we are waiting for the technology to clone Don (and hypnotise the clones into working on OpenACS), should we pick a single package to be the "perfect" package?  It should be one of the core packages; it should show a variety of different techniques; it shouldn't have any clever tricks; it should be fully code-reviewed by several people on a recurring basis; and the maintainer should commit to keeping it current with changing coding standards.