Forum OpenACS Development: Unable to logout after upgrade

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Before I post this on the bugtracker, maybe someone has an idea. On our sites we are unable to logout after upgrading from 4.6 to 4.6.3. Interestingly though this is only true for the sites we upgraded, not for the site that was running the 4-6 head all the time.

How do I enforce that a user gets logged out (taking into account that /register/logout does not work). I detected that deleting all cookies which  point to my domain in my browser takes care of that (and from that point onwards it works), but shouldn't old cookies be detected and not accepted anymore?

And why did it only happen after the upgrade and not before. Did we change the way cookies are treated?

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
No, cookies haven't changed.  What error are you getting?

Does clearing cookies, logging in then logging out work or is it permanently broken?

Collapse
Posted by Denis Roy on
I think the error was "You don't have permission..." no matter what page we were trying to access.

After deleting the cookie, everything is back to normal.

Collapse
Posted by Cathy Sarisky on
I ran into this after moving a 4.6.2 release instance from listening on port 8000 to listening on port 80.  /register/logout did not log me out, and I ended up having to clear out my cookies manually from the browser.  The problem has not recurred, and now logging out seems to be working fine.

This was with IE 5.5, so the problem may affect a lot of users.