Forum OpenACS Development: Re: OpenACS 4.6.2 on Debian -- AOLserver issue

Collapse
Posted by Naveen Agnihotri on
After some hunting, it is now clear that I'm suffering from an AOLserver issue. I'll be posting this on the AOLserver website, but thought I'd post this here as well.

In my first post, I'd said that the AOLserver installation went fine. Well, actually, it didn't. If I start AOLserver with the provided sample-config.tcl, it shows the normal "Welcome to AOLserver" page on port 8000. I can reload the page any number of times and it always shows the proper page. However, if I telnet to port 8000, it gives the same "Invalid Request" error I talked about above. From that point on, its behavior from a browser becomes erratic -- sometimes it shows the right page, and sometimes it gives the error. After a little while of reloading the page, it degenerates to always showing the error all the time. I've tried four different browsers, with varying but similar results.

I've tried AOlserver 3.3+ad13 and 3.4.2 (both from source), and also the debian package for 3.4.2 (which, incidentally, doesn't work at all). This machine is running debian on a PA-RISC processor. I would've thought that debian is debian is debian, but maybe not.

Boohoo.