Forum OpenACS Development: Re: 5.3.1 forms and forms.css

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Well, I am aware of that page and of it's capabilities. Sadly the did not work on my site. Did you try sections with the passing the class? If you did, can you give an example along with the CSS definition of the class. Preferably make the LEGENDTEXT with a grey background.

Nothing urgent though anymore as the client is happy with the new Boxing. Though still, it is an issue which needs to be addressed for site updating with not so forgiving users.

Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Malte,

By default, when no style is defined for fieldset and legend, the fieldset has a border. The legend text appears in between fieldset borders. So, styles should be applied for both fieldset and legend to get what you want. I'm not a designer and I have very little knowledge with CSS but something like the following should work:

.fieldset-class {
border: 0px solid #FFFFFF;
border-top-width: 20px;
border-top-style: solid;
border-top-color: #DDDDDD;
}

.legend-class {
background: #DDDDDD;
font-weight: bold;
}

However, there's a style for fieldset in acs-templating/www/resources/forms.css that takes precedence and custom styles won't be applied:

.margin-form fieldset, .vertical-form fieldset, fieldset {
border: 0px solid #000;
}

We'll have to fix this for next release.

Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Malte,

I've just fixed this and committed to oacs-5-3. Passing the class for fieldset and legend should work now.