Forum OpenACS Development: Adding UI to content repository

Collapse
Posted by Lars Pind on
We're in the midst of a client project, which uses keywords to all sorts of things, so we'll need to add a simple UI to setup the keyword hierarchy.

We'd like to put it somewhere where it'll be available to other packages, and my first thought was to put it under packages/acs-content-repository/www/keywords/ or some such, but I'm not sure if it should rather go somewhere else?

In particular, it looks like Stas has some hack where there's a packages/acs-content-repository/www/index.vuh page, which will try to serve up a content item, which might interfere with the keywords pages.

Any thoughts? Would it be better to create a new cr-ui-chunks package?

/Lars

Collapse
Posted by Carl Coryell-Martin on
I vote for acs-content-repository/www/admin/keywords myself.

I think it will be a more admin friendly experience if when someone installs the CR they get some UI as well.

Editing keywords feels like something that should always be done by admins.

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi Lars,

Deds classifieds has the UI for this from what I remember.  It also has tcl procs etc. to manipulate cr_keywords.  Having cr-ui-chunks would be good.  Why not just some widgets package?  Maybe I can migrate the bcms-ui stuff on that? Since its CR why not just create a widgets dir on CR?

At anyrate once you have this in place, I can chalk down one less to do for bcms-ui stuff :)

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
I think it probably should be a seperate pacakge.

Also, we probably eventually want to get away from CR specific categorization and use a site-wide categorization package.

Collapse
Posted by Lars Pind on
Dave,

Agreed that we want to use the new categorization package, however we have to be on the 4.6 branch for now, and categories don't exist there. So given that we have to write this (simple) UI, anyway, we figured we might as well commit it.

/Lars

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I might be completly mistaken as I'm out of the office for some time, but AFAIK we have a working backport of the categorization system for AIESEC. I'll ask Denis or Timo to commit it.