Forum OpenACS Improvement Proposals (TIPs): Re: TIP#109 Add support for TinyMCE

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Gustaf,

THanks for your comments.

There were two back buttons issues

1) If you are viewing a page with xinha editor and click the back button you have to click the back button twice. Annoying.
2) If you are on a page with xinha editor and you navigate away from that page, then click the back button, the content within the editor is lost. This is much more upsetting to the user.

I would be very pleased if both of these are fixed.

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
I have never noticed (1), it seems, i don't use back so often as you people seem to do (is this maybe a hidden usability issue in some application?).

(1) and (2) work fine AFICT, but you should check yourself (update from cvs head).

The problems, i reported earlier with new xinha versions are gone as well. It looks like they were fixed without altering xinha: most likely, there were a few bugs in early ff 2.0 versions for mac os x.

Collapse
Posted by Jim Lynch on
Heya Gustaf,

Just so you know, I like the back button and I also like the fact that historically, this entire project has taken great pains to make -absolutely- sure that the functionality of the back button is never broken in any way, and this goes back to before openacs was even considered to suplement and/or replace the original ACS (which then stood for ArsDigita Community System).

The back button is in our blood, and I personally like it that way :) Please don't break it.