Forum OpenACS Development: Re: OpenACS.org Priorities

Collapse
6: Re: OpenACS.org Priorities (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Ok everyone. As noone else seemed willing to actually take any action of these items, I took some of my weekend to implement direct download from the download package. If you click on a file it will now download directly. This took about 10 mins to implement. Besides this I really want a more sourceforge like download page so that all the files will be shown on one page. I will also implement a feature similar to sourceforge for those who still which to ask questions before offering downloads. It will return a page with a link to download the file with a META refresh tag to redirect to start the download.

Anyway, as you are all aware, the source code the site runs on is freely available. The site would improve much more quickly if more than one or two people helped to maintain and improve it. Besides improving this site, and fixes or improvements can also be added to the toolkit.

I don't mind discussing ways to improve openacs.org in the forums, but let's also keep track of what needs to be fixed in the bugtracker https://openacs.org/bugtracker/openacs.org setup specifically for the web site.

Maybe someone will look in there and possibly even submit a patch. I am sure we can find someone to review these and apply then as needed.

Thanks.