Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Newbie - Mounted Address-Book package; Nothing Works Now

Collapse
Posted by garry g on
Jade,

I can't seem to find the dropfilename.sql script file.  You mentioned that it is in the /sql/postgresql directory, but can you be specific (as I've looked around for it to no avail).  And also, in the line 'psql -f dropfilename.sql servicename', I will assume that 'servicename' refers to the package name?  In my case, would that be 'address-book', or are you referring to something else.

Thank you.

Garry,

The file is (probably) in /web/{yourserver}/packages/address-book/sql/postgresql.

The name is something like address-book-drop.sql.

If you don't find it, you can always ask for quick help at the openacs irc, #openacs at irc.freenode.com. You can check the instructions how to get there from openacs.org.

oh, and the servicename means the name of your database, which is probably the same as the name of your service.

The syntax of psql is: psql {dbname}. This is everything you always have to say. Your whole site is in one database instance, so the name remains the same regardless of what package you're working on.

In this case you want to get the SQL commands from a file, so you put "-f filename.sql" inside the psql command.

Collapse
Posted by garry g on
Thank you everyone for offering suggestions.  Everything is running normally again now.