Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Some ideas about package structure ... comments?

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Good point about .xql files - it is easy to get the request processor to not serve them and you're right, we shouldn't.  I don't want to move them all, though, it's very convenient having them in the same directory when developing/bug fixing.  And there are a lot of them, moving them would be a PITA.

As far as the TIP process goes I guess informally we've kinda done this as Jeff, Lars and I talked this over in private and we're also talking about it in public.

We really do need to get moving on the governance stuff, everyone seemed to run out of steam ...

Collapse
Posted by xx xx on
Maybe some people like to serve the xql files on development servers to see which queries are used on a page. So would it be possible to make the request processor listen to config.tcl (just like 'set directoryfile') ?
Collapse
Posted by Jarkko Laine on
Aldert,

Why would someone want to see the queries in browser? If he knows the name of the xql file (he has to, otherwise he can't load it with the browser), he can as well open it in emacs.

Collapse
Posted by xx xx on
Never mind, I hardly use it myself, but at times it is faster to look at the queries in the browser than to use ssh. ...just add (-oracle/postgresql).xql to the page (file) your looking at to find out if there is a related xql in /www...