Forum OpenACS Q&A: CMS meeting on IRC

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi,

I would like to ask if anyone interested in meeting on IRC around July 17 10:00 am (EST)?

The basic agenda is to try to coordinate some efforts regarding CMS (not the package) of OpenACS.

Right now I have already brought to the table bcms which is now in contrib.  DaveB will be bringing in ETP2 and will hopefully reuse some stuff in bcms.

I am pretty sure there are some more people out there with something related to CMS.  So now is your chance to raise your hands and do something.

Hopefully by the end of the meeting we can have progress on the following:

- what are the task we can do to impove CMS on OpenACS

- who will do which task

- who will reuse what component (dependency of tasks)

- general direction/path for the CMS

I guess its an ideal result, given that each of us have our own ideas about CMS.  I for one to be honest have my own direction, since I need to make a living.  But just maybe we can coordinate some efforts to actually help one another.

Please kindly raise your hand if you have something to bring in, so we can meet.  Thanks.

Collapse
2: Re: CMS meeting on IRC (response to 1)
Posted by Talli Somekh on
Works for me. I'll be there.

talli

Collapse
3: Re: CMS meeting on IRC (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
I will attend this meeting.

I think we have a good base to make cms applications work well within the context of OpenACS. Right now there are definitely other cms solutions out there, but none has the user focused architecture of OpenACS. I have some ideas to build a cms service package that will allow multiple cms user interface options.

Collapse
4: Re: CMS meeting on IRC (response to 1)
Posted by Don Baccus on
I'd like to join in.  Jun ... can you e-mail reminders the day before?
Collapse
5: Re: CMS meeting on IRC (response to 4)
Posted by Jarkko Laine on
I'm in, too (and would like to get a reminder as well :). 10.00AM eastern time is 15PM GMT, right?
Collapse
6: somewhere... (response to 1)
Posted by Ben Koot on
In the old days Phil had the "remind me" as one his free tools. What about digging up the code and reinstate the idea.

Just a thought

Ben

sory if off topic

Collapse
7: Re: CMS meeting on IRC (response to 1)
Posted by Robert Locke on
Count me in too!
Collapse
8: Re: CMS meeting on IRC (response to 1)
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi,

It looks like we can meet on IRC on Jul 17 10:00am EST.  Since some people have already expressed they are available.  I think its 14pm GMT.  Since EST is GMT-4 right?  I am at GMT+8, so I talk to D self proclaimed looser at NY 12 hours apart :)

I will give an email reminder about a day before with the best of my efforts using the email you have used here in openacs.org.