Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Notification of Calendar Events

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
You might email Dirk Gomez -- he's doing work on the calendar package right now. This seems like a very useful feature. I'm not sure if he has any plan to add it, but if not, you should probably coordinate with him if you plan to add it.
Collapse
Posted by Dirk Gomez on

Yeah I added it to the things to be done. It's not on top of the things I want to do though...here's the list of things I want to do before:

• Finish html/tcl separation
  • Use ad_form
  • I18Nize the user interface

There won't be data model changes till 5.0!

That said I just committed a lot of calendar code to HEAD. I've most html generation for the calendar views (list, day, week, month) into adps, cleaned up some code, debugged some PostgreSQL queries etc etc Oracle's not properly supported yet, but it's no hard to do that - it's some cut'n'paste work.

I lifted most of the html from Raad's design - thanks for that. Haven't had a good idea for properly showing overlapping appointments in the day view - how can I calculate the proper colspan? More changes to the user interfaces and bug reports are greatly appreciated.

I can't make sense of these files and I couldn't find other files that refer to them and they look very unused, useless, and empty:

• cal-dayview.tcl
  • cal-dayview.adp
  • cal-listview.adp
  • cal-listview.tcl
  • cal-monthview.adp
  • cal-monthview.tcl
  • cal-dayview.adp
  • cal-dayview.tcl

Can they be deleted?

There's a subdir called Graphics. Can it be deleted? If so, can someone tell me how to achieve this with CVS? (Already forgot)

A calendar item can have a type - in the code at least. I cannot really make sense of it tho? Where can I define such types? I would create code to assign a type to an item then....

Collapse
Posted by Tom Jackson on

Dirk,

I think the cal-* sub pages were used before OpenForce decided to move html code into library procedures. Not sure what they were trying to do with this idea, but it obviously was a bad one.

Collapse
Posted by Lars Pind on
Dirk,

In a fresh install from HEAD, the calendar-portlets don't work because they rely on the procs in calendar-display-procs, which isn't there anymore.

Am I missing something?

/Lars

Collapse
Posted by Dirk Gomez on
Guess I deleted those procs a bit too quickly. I'll move the portlet to using my new templates though. If you urgently need  the procs then just take the last version from the ATTIC.