Forum OpenACS Development: Re: doubleinput widget

Collapse
6: Re: doubleinput widget (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Carl,

I think the question is not how to put to form elements on one line with HTML, but how to do it with the tools provided by the formbuilder and ad_form.

Collapse
7: Re: doubleinput widget (response to 6)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
To be more precise, I want to have formbuilder with 5 elements, 3 of them are normal "text" which shall be shown one below the other. Number 4 and 5 shall be shown right next to each other (inline).

Note, I am not asking to have ALL elements inline, I am specifically asking for 2 inline, 3 normal and as Dave pointed out using ad_form without the need to write a custom /acs-templating/resources/forms/malte.adp

Gustaf, the code is something I found in a client's installation (not written by me), but I am bringing them up to 5.3 and assumed that whatever the doublewidget type does could be achieved with CSS and ad_form.

Collapse
8: Re: doubleinput widget (response to 7)
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Malte,

There's no way to do what you need with the actual ad_form and formbuilder (AFAIK).

For that particular case and a quick solution, you can have a look at template::widget::date and do something similar.

About to add a doubleinput widget, I don't think it's the right way to go. Why double only? A triple one might be useful also (and would allow to rewrite the date one without using table for instance). I mean there's no reason for a fixed number of elements to display inline -however a limit would be necessary-.

Collapse
9: Re: doubleinput widget (response to 8)
Posted by Don Baccus on
It would be much better to fix the formbuilder than to put in a hack of this sort ...

Any takers?