Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Is it time for NaviServ Again?

Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
You are the master of flames Don (and have a sailors tongue to boot).

If we did decide to move to Naviserver at least all the ns_* commands would start to make sense again. After that we could think about rebranding OpenACS. ;)

Collapse
Posted by Titi Ala'ilima on
Yeah, but then how would we explain all the "ad_*" commands?
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
You are the master of flames Don (and have a sailors tongue to boot).
Read on, Carl. Apparently Nathan's swallowed a nice dose of Shut The Fuck Up and Dossy and I are having a constructive discussion.
Collapse
Posted by Tom Jackson on
Somehow I thought that I was the one put on probation, Don is playing Mr. Nice Guy.

Anyway, another update about the state of the code and a possible solution.

Although the ns_pool C code is messed up and creates server wide threadpools (crossing virtual server boundaries), this is easily fixed. A few internal C APIs need changing along with a struct for the Pool, which needs an additional pointer to the virtual server. I'm not a C guru, but with a little direction I think I could get the configuration from 4.0.10 to work in 4.5. The Tcl API probably doesn't need change to existing commands, although a few query subcommands would be helpful.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Somehow I thought that I was the one put on probation, Don is playing Mr. Nice Guy.
You know, I almost posted to the list commenting on how I was being Good Cop, you were being Bad Cop, so why I was being banned?

Oh, yes, I "swore" by suggesting Dossy say "I fucked up", which as it turned out didn't offend Dossy at all ...

Harumph.